"Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts."
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Wrestling 2009
Wrestling is a way of life. You live and breath it everyday. I truly love it. I am a crazy mother who screams and yells and cheers. I love it. I love that it makes my boys work hard at something. and they do work hard. It is not easy. I am so proud of them. This year Britton is in the 9th grade and he placed 1st at South End and 1st in the district Championship. Breckin was only 1 of 2 that placed at district as a 7th grader. Breckin took 3rd at South End and he placed 4th at District. Their team won both South End and District by well over 100 pts. I love watching them wrestle. It is amazing. I get so nervous. I eat when I get nervous. I have to have something in my hands all the time. I try to carry silly putty around with me so that my hands get the fixation and it doesn't go in my mouth. We missed some of District because we were in Idaho at Robbie's grandma's funeral(which was amazing). I was nervous the whole day because I wasn't there to cheer. I am so proud and love my boys so much-good job Britton and Breckin
"Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts."
Robbie, Brit, Breck, Carrie after the District Championship at Viewmont
CJH 1st place winners at District with Coach Key and Smoot
Britton, Coach Key, Coach Smoot, Breckin
CJH District Champions
We are #1
Britton with Robbie after winning his finals
Britton weighs 145 but wrestles 160. He placed 1st at District. He wrestled a Higley kid from Farmington who was really good. He made Brit work. We like anyone who makes Brit work.
Breckin placed 4th at District. He had to wrestle his own varsity. Breck was able to beat him once during the season. He is dang good and so that made Breckin all the better. Breck is a scrapper.
"Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great Job Breck and Brit...such a great accomplishment!
Post a Comment