Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

I may have to rethink my stand on Mother's Day. This one was so good. There was no guilt. No feelings of being a crappy mother or anything. I know so not like me. Maybe the Prozac is working. It has been against my religion to go to church on Mother's Day for the last 14 years. My boys were so naughty or at least I thought they were and I was crazy. So the two did not mix. Let's just say Mother's day to me was Robbie taking the kids and getting them away from me so I could sit in bed and read and cry.

(This is the napkin Malia had made for Robbie and I to go by the food)

Well let me just say NOT THIS YEAR!!!. Sat. we were on our last week of training for the 1/2 marathon so we got up early and did an 8 mile run. Got back to the house and iced and then went to a lacrosse game (Breck's team won 10-1). I then came home and napped. A truly glorious nap. Rob decided we needed to go to the show so Star Trek it was. By the by, I loved it. Then he says he needs to blind fold me. He wraps my head in a sock( it was a clean stretchy football sock) and drives around forever.

He knocks on a door and this is who opened it. He had driven all over the place just to get us home. Malia was the cutest waitress. She sat us down and then pulled out her pen and paper and asked what I would like to drink. I asked what she had and she said Milk and Water. I chose the water and she wrote it very neatly on the piece of paper before she got it. On the table was set a nice lasagna meal that the boys got from Zeponies.
Then out comes the laptop. Britton was in charge of making me a slide show. I sobbed through the whole thing. This is me making them give me some momma love. It was the sweetest thing ever. and this was just Sat. Sunday I had to teach my Sunbeams so I actually went to a little bit of church and then we headed to Idaho to see our Moms. It was so good to see both mom and Vickie. I am a lucky lady to have two such great moms.


3 comments:

Karrie said...

Awww that is so cute...what a great dinner! I'm glad you enjoyed it..I did too! NO guilt

McKay and Jessica said...

That is so cute!!

Layton Family said...

You have such an awesome family! You are very blessed :)