
Sunday I had to talk in church about our girls camp. We sang a really long opening and sacrament song and had a youth speaker and also the camp director talk. We even had a really long rest hymn and I look up at the clock and I have a half hour to speak. Bro. Morris gets up and announces me and that Bro Horne will take a few minutes and say a few words after I speak. In my head I am thinking-no way is there going to be enough time for him to speak. I was wrong. I actually gave him 2 minutes. You give me half hour and I will speak for a half hour. My talk was entitled Sis. G(it had to be that because I definitely do not have golden locks) and her 3 bears. I talked about seeing bears in Yellowstone and the Laytons experience with

watching the grizzly bear eat the bison, and the bears we had a girls camp. I tied all of this into obedience and that the bears are how Satan makes sin look. Anyway, for some reason I do not have a fear of speaking in church. I have more fear that I won't have enough time and that I won't get to say everything I want to.

Anyway, girls camp was awesome. I came down with what Maren had at our family vacation. I heavily medicated on Tuesday and thankfully I got a blessing on Wed. morning that did the trick. I felt so much better after that. Our stake girls camp was a baseball theme and we were the Holy Hitters. I am so amazed at the wonderful ladies I got to go with. Because I was sick, I was a big fat slacker and slept a lot. Cameron and Sandy did so much that week. Sandy is 5 months pregnant with her 7th child. She was awesome sleeping on her roll up and taking over where I slacked. Cameron was so much fun. The girls really loved her. Hopefully they connected because I think it is really important to do that with an adult women other than your mom. Hopefully they already have that connection with their moms. I also beat Cameron at WWF-Ok so she was still asleep when I put her in a head lock. What? I still whipped her. Christy came up for a day and went on the overnight hike that I really

was looking forward to but baled on because I was sick. I was so glad she was able to go up with our girls. She is a wild women and taught them some fun game. She is who I got the game from that we played at our Willey reunion last year. Just wait family, I have so many more that you all will love. The stake did a really good job of keeping us busy and getting all of our certification done. The whole bear thing started that day when apparently a bear was seen in one of the camp grounds. The forest service was brought in and tracker dogs were let loose to chase them away. That is something to wake up to are "Coon Hounds"like in the Red Fern Grows, barking and chasing this bear. The bear loved our sight

and walked through it and ripped a tree apart and ate ants out of it. Thankfully we had great priesthood in our camp and they blessed us that if we were obedient and did what we were told by the people in charge, we would have nothing to fear. I did not feel scared once. I also took a lot of day and NyQuil so I could have been just really relaxed but still.
I had a really great time. Girls camp is fun. I have gone to camp for the last 8 years. As much as I loved it as a teen(not) who would have thought I would love it so much as an adult.
1 comment:
Great talk on Sunday....we always love interesting speakers it makes the meeting go by faster!
Post a Comment