Saturday, February 28, 2009

We Forgot

OK I really didn't forget birthdays the last two months, I just didn't take any photos of them. I had a birthday in January and turned 36. I am having a hard time with this age for some reason. I am on the slippery slope to middle age. Ugh. I have the most thoughtful husband. Robbie bought me a saw for my birthday. A table saw? What a crappy gift. You would think that if you didn't know me. It was one of the 3 best gifts Robbie has ever gotten me. The other two were skis and a sewing machine. One of my favorite smells is fresh cut wood on a saw. I love this gift. Thanks darlin'.Robbie's birthday is in February and he is now only a year from 40. He sent me an email and signed it, "Love your senior citizen". Whatever. Robbie is always going to be 23 to me. He still looks amazing and is so much fun to be with.

Robbie is amazing. He makes me do things that take me out of my comfort zone. I am a big fat scaredy pants about everything. Because of him I have been to Mexico many times. He always tells us that he can't guarantee fun but he can guarantee an adventure. We have had many of those adventures. He taught me how to snow and water ski. I love both of them both. He makes me want to be domestic. I am horrible at this but if dinner is cooked or the house is super clean it is because I want to do it for Robbie. Not me or the kids heaven forbid but for him. I don't even start cleaning until late afternoon so that the house will still be cleaned when he gets home. He is an incredible father and is the voice of reason at our home. I go crazy and he settles everyone down. He is actively involved in our children's lives and that is huge to me. He has passion. Yes that kind too. He is a Gunter after all. He has passion for the things he does. He loves his job and the opportunity to teach kids and make them better people. He believes that if you work hard you can accomplish anything. He treats everyday like it is going to be the best day ever. He forces me to confront fears that I have had since childhood. I have been river rafting with him. He makes me feel safe. He loves me and I am thankful everyday that I tricked him into thinking I was a relatively normal person and got him to marry me. I love Mr. Hottie Hottie 2x4.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Robbie from one senior citizens to another! :)

Karrie said...

Hey atleast you can get senior citizen discounts...right?

He's not that old yet and neither are you...happy birthday!