Wednesday, April 30, 2008

SPRING???

We made a quick trip up north to visit some friends and it was stinking cold. They still had 2 feet of snow in some parts of the valley still on lawns. BRRRRRRRRRR!! I can't complain that it only get to 60 degrees at our house anymore. So far this year at our friends house it hasn't reached 60 degrees. Last Saturday I went to the dump (which I love by the way) to get two truck loads of compost. I put it in all of the flower beds and we put one full load in our garden. Robbie rototilled and it looked so nice I wanted to roll around in it. Skyler came over yesterday and we sat and played in the dirt in the garden. I loved it. I buried my foot and he kept cleaning it off saying "durdy, durdy"


I truly am a bad gardener. I love flowers and flower beds but I seriously can't plant a vegetable garden that grows anything. This year I am hoping the compost works. We are planting a salsa garden with tomatoes, onions(thanks to mom), peppers both hot and bell, and cilantro. Hopefully it will produce something. We are also planting pumpkins so that we will have something to carve up at Halloween.



Britton played his first baseball game last night. Of course no camera and the wind was blowing all of the infield onto the spectators. Brit played first, pitch and 3rd. Totally weird because he is a pitcher and a catcher. I have become a crazy parent because when I got to the fields last night that is the first thing I said to Robbie-Why is he playing 1st base and not pitcher(the pitcher was really struggling) or catcher. Doesn't his coach know he is a pitcher/catcher? I thankfully did not say that to the coach and Brit played really great.


Robbie bought some training videos for quarterbacks for himself(as a coach) and his team and Brit is watching them and working on his technique. He is going to Utah State this summer for their football camp. Robbie always coaches the renegade team. It will be interesting to see how that goes.

1 comment:

Layton Family said...

Yea, a new post! I was wondering what happened to you but as I can see you are a very busy woman! I laughed at the 'roll around in the tilled dirt' comment because I totally agree with that. My flower beds are still full of weeds and they would poke me. Good idea on the salsa garden...is football over with by the time you need to make it? Lol, just a thought.