Sunday, May 4, 2008

Friday Date Night

I love that Robbie and I are able to date again. Friday is normally our date night and we needed to carb load for our 9 mile run on Sat. morning so off to the Olive Garden. I am the most pathetic eater around. I only order things that I know because I don't want to waste money on food I won't like so I get the same thing every time I eat there. Sandwich shops-Ham and cheese on wheat, any fast food place-bacon cheese burger, Mexican restaurants-enchiladas, Chinese restaurants-egg rolls(it is the only Chinese food I like and then they have to be dipped in ketchup. Gross I know)Italian restaurants-Lasagna. So Friday I had Lasagna at the Olive Garden and it was good. It tastes just like it does at Fazolis(fast food Italian-yes I like it better than the Olive Garden because it is fast) and is about twice as expensive. Love the bread sticks. We then went to see the Forbidden Kingdom. I love kung fu movies and if they have Jet Li or Jackie Chan all the better. This had both. This is my disclaimer:You must really love kung fu movies or incredible choreography. Don't see it in the theatre unless you do. Totally amazing. I really liked it.

We then bought ice cream and went home and made milkshakes for the kids. I love chocolate milkshakes. I was a BUTT when I was 16. It was all about me(I know it is hard to believe) For some reason I was in deep need of a milkshake and I was watching TV and didn't want to move. Layne was downstairs with me and I kept asking him to make me one and he wouldn't so I put the tears on. I had the ability to cry on request and so the tears started and not long after I got a great chocolate milkshake from my fabulous brother Layne. Isn't that what everyone does to younger brothers??It still is one of the best milkshakes I have ever had. I definitely owe him one.

No comments: