I am crazy. I know that about myself and have accepted it. I am way less crazy now than I was when Britton and Breckin were little but I am still crazy. Mother's day is something that makes me a little nutty. Less nutty now than I used to be but none the less still nutty. I wasn't like this until I had Britton. OK that makes it sound like he is the one that made me wacky. He is not. He just put my over the edge. I have some hormonal issues that have been taken care of now but when he was little I had so much guilt about my mothering skills or lack of them that Mother's day was one big day of "look at what a failure you are". I refused (OK I still refuse. I had one of my counselors teach my lesson on Sunday so I could run away with Malia to my moms house. I'll drive two hours just so I don't have to go to church on Mother's day.) to go to church on mothers day. It's against my religion. I didn't want my sweet children singing "Mother I love you mother I do" because I was so overwhelmed with failure. That is the nice word for it. I was overwhelmed with feelings that if these little shits(I was only repeating what Grandma Hatch called us) really loved me they would be good and not be naughty. Ya medicine and perspective has a way of changing things. I was a moron and really, what 5 and 3 year old boys aren't naughty please. So needless to say I still struggle going to church on Mother's day(like I said I ran to my moms house so I could give her her mother's day gift. I was never naughty and so I am sure she never felt like I did :-)) but my children have grown up and although they are still boys and naughty I don't feel the overwhelming failure. Maybe having a girl also has helped because ROCK ON I AM MOTHER OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!

I totally have this kid fooled into thinking my food is good. Mind you he only mentions breakfast foods and I can really batter up some bread for french toast.
Some very thoughtful teachers helped my sweet Breckin on Mother's day and they made these in class. I love it.
Britton gave me a card and thanked me for taking him to all of his games even when it is cold outside. This young man knows what a cold weather woos I am.


Malia gave me a beautiful artificial flower and a portrait of myself. I truly wish I had eyelashes like that.


Malia gave me a beautiful artificial flower and a portrait of myself. I truly wish I had eyelashes like that.
2 comments:
Too bad you missed the kids singing on Sunday.....they didn't sing Mother I Love You.....they sang Love Is Spoken Here and a Grandma song. I think Trisha skipped the traditional Mother's day songs and all the talks were about family so it was actually pretty nice!! No guilt!
I love to skip church on holiday's...we thought stake conference was a holiday...until Troy was the Ward Clerk and I wa in the Relief Society Presidency...ha ha. I only went to sacrament meeting on Sunday...because I was fixing Mother's Day dinner....What it the #@$$??!! We had a missionary homecoming so it was pretty much guilt-fee. I hope you had a great day!
Post a Comment