Last Thursday March 27 was nuts. We were getting ready to go on spring break and I was a tad bit nutty. I spent all day getting lots of nothing done and at 3 ran over to the Jr. high to watch Britton wrestle. He didn't have a match so I went home and got more of my nothing done. Breckin's play was at 7 so at 6:30 I hustle over to the grade school to get great seats up in front for the family and Maren. It was all ready packed so I got us great seats on the second to the last row. Breckin was awesome. He did all the dance moves with all the excitement he could muster. It was great. I am really proud of him.
Saturday morning we got up and did our 5 mile run. It was awesome because the elevation is lower and so the 5er wasn't so bad. It actually felt really good. After everyone got cleaned up Rob and Steve took all the kids to the hotpots and Shell and I went into town to get some more Easter things.

Rachelle's ward had an Easter activity where they played games and watched a video and then went to hunt Easter Eggs. Every child was given a different sticker and they had to find the 5 eggs with that sticker on it. It was a lot of fun.

That night we got movies and the kids watched Enchanted on the big screen downstairs and the 12 and olders watched I am Legend on the Massive Home Theater upstairs. It was awesome. I liked it.
Easter Sunday the kids woke up and found they had Easter baskets. This is a novelty to my kids because normally we don't do anything. The boys each were given new church clothes and some candy and Malia got a cute spring dress. Robbie was tired of calling Breckin Jethro because of his high water church pants so it was time to splurge. We went to church and came home and had yummy roast, funeral potatoes, vegetables, and lemon bars. It was really good. We decided to head out after dinner.
Instead of driving straight home we went through Hagerman and a thousand springs and then went to see Shoshone Falls. They were really beautiful.
The falls were awesome and a great rest stop for our wild boys. We had a great spring pause (please it was only 2 days. What kind of break is that?) hanging with Rachelle, Steve and the girls. Lots of fun!!
No comments:
Post a Comment