
I have become obsessed. I love running. Today I realized I could download the General Young Women talks onto my mp3 player. So while I ran I listened to the General Young Women's Meeting that was Saturday. Our YW actually went to it at the Conference Center but parking was horrendous and so we were late and they had already seated standby so we got shuffled a thousand different places and some of our group got put in the Little Theater in the basement of the Conference Center and some of us ended up in the Tabernacle. We sat in the balcony on the back row. I was so worried about so many other things that I totally missed the spirit of the night. I was so thankful for the opportunity to listen to it again this morning as I was running. It still is incredible that they held conference in the Tabernacle for so long. It is tiny compared to the Conference Center. For the YW broadcast the entire Conference center was full plus the theater plus the Tabernacle plus the Assembly Hall plus the theaters in the North Visitors Center. There had to be at least 25,000 young women and leaders just there. Truly Amazing. So back to the running. Saturday was a long run. It is the farthest I have ever run 6 miles. Robbie ran the first mile with me and he stopped at the high school to get his mp3 player and other running shoes. I kept running thinking that he would catch up to me but we didn't meet up until after. The school took longer than he thought(he forgot the key to his locker so he ended up running in some real junkers for shoes). It felt so good though to just run. 6 miles didn't seem so bad. I could have kept going. I ran it in 63 minutes. Right on track for 10 min. miles. Saturday is an 8 miler. Hopefully it will also be a great run. We decided to get new running shoes at a store that catered to runners and it was awesome. He sized me and brought out 3 selections and then had me try them on. He even had me run on the treadmill to see how they fit. I am glad we bought them now so that we can get them broke in by MAY 17.
No comments:
Post a Comment