Monday, March 10, 2008

Weekend















Robbie went to a coaches clinic in Portland this weekend with some of his coaches. It sounded like he had a great time. When he got home he showed us the pictures he took and asked if we knew the guys they got their pictures taken with. I said nope but Britton knew they were the coaches from Kentucky and also USC. For reals!What kind of crazy person am I raising.He even knew their names:). Coaches clinics are interesting places. Especially for coaches who don't drink beer. Robbie said they had table after table set up with beer mugs. You can kind of see it behind Dean. He said they looked everywhere for sodas and finally they found this little tiny cart stuffed in the back with some sodas in it. I am so thankful for the kind of men Robbie gets to coach with. Dean and Aaron are really great men. The kind you want you sons to be around. They have amazing families and great wives. CWA(coaches wives association) all the way!!!

So while Robbie was out gallivanting around Portland, I was at home being mother of the year. Breckin had his last basketball game. They stop keeping score after you get to 40. They probably scored another 20 points. The funniest part though is that the coach for the other team was mouthy and our coaches don't let anything go so we almost saw a fight between middle age men over 12 year old basketball. Please!! How silly is that. OK it was kind of funny but still. Saturday morning I went running with the Relief Society Fitness Group. We ran about 3 miles. Maren ran with me and it was awesome. I went home and asked Brit if he would run another 3 with me so that I could get me 6 miles in. So off we start. Together for about 1 block. I'm thinking OK so if he is only 1 block ahead of me I'm doing good. That lasted for a short time and then he turns the corner and I am huffing along and that is the last time I saw him. So much for running together with your mom. A guy at church comes up to me and says he thinks I need a new running partner. He had seen us on Sat. I had to give my excuse that I had already run 5 miles and that Britton was Fresh. Whatever. He totally kicked my behind !!




Saturday afternoon Maren and I drove to Hooper for the funeral of our cousins baby boy Turner. Stacey said they knew that Turner had a chromosomal defect called Trisomy 18 for about 6 months. Turner lived just a short time after he was born this past week. Both Stacey and Brad spoke and it was really beautiful they things they said. How blessed as member of the church that we know about the Plan of Salvation and eternal families. It brings such feelings of peace.



Saturday night the boys went to hang out with friends and so us girls watched the new Barbie movie Mariposa. I am a Barbie movie fanatic. I love them. I don't know why but I really really enjoy them. My favorite is The Princess and the Pauper. I know all of the words to the songs. Scary huh. Love It!!!

No comments: