Tuesday, June 17, 2008

3 Great Fathers

I have three amazing fathers in my life. The first is my own father. He is an spectacular man. I learned from him that I can do anything. I got my love for creating things and making what I have better. I love the smell of fresh cut wood because it reminds me of when my dad made my families oak table. I loved going out there and "helping". He taught me to work hard at everything that I did and everything would work out. I am not the brightest when it comes to math and in the 7th grade I got a D at midterms.( by the way it was the only grade lower than a B I ever got Britton) I was sure my dad was going to kill me for it. I knew that it was expected that I got good grades. Obviously my father didn't kill me but what he did do is sit down with me every night for the rest of the semester and help me with my math. I know how frustrating this is for me with my own sons and so I know he probably wanted to bonk my head and yell. OH OK so that is what I want to do with my sons but I'm sure it was the same with him. I learned responsibility to church calling by watching him and my mom go to meeting and fulfill calling that were not convenient. I learned that just because your body might not feel great that this isn't a "get out of jail free card". You have to work around the discomfort and just do it. I truly am blessed by having the father that I do. Happy Father's Day Dad!!!
The second great father I have is my father-in-law Jeff. He can fix and build anything. He has taught me that you can enjoy doing anything that you do. You don't need to complain and whine about it but to just do it. Your attitude makes all the difference. He is really laid back and takes in situations and thinks about them for a while and then acts on them. This is one of the traits he passed onto Robbie that I absolutely admire. I just go full steam into thing and situations and a lot of times I just get into trouble with it. Sometimes the laid back approach works and I need to work on that. He is a quiet man that is full of strength and he loves for his family. He groomed Robbie into the man and father he is today. I can't thank him enough for that. Happy Father's Day Jeff!!!
The third great father that I know is my sweet husband Robbie. He is so good to our children. They know he loves them because he tells that to them daily and also by his actions. He hugs them and ruff houses with them and they have a weekly wrestling match to see if they can finally whip their dad. He always has them on his mind. He is forever being the calm sane parent when I get myself all worked up (imagine that, please). He is so supportive in their athletics, in their school work, in their friends, and anything that is important to them. He is a father who misses his kids when he doesn't see them everyday. He is a man that was meant to have 10 children. He got three and puts all of his energy into making sure that they learn how to work, respect others, and put total effort into everything they do. This past week Brittons baseball team has been in tournament play. They were not very good up to this point. Rob gives Britton the pep talk about he can be the instrumental player on this team by rallying them and making them all do their best. Tomorrow they play one more game to get into the championship game. Robbie is an incredible motivator and he worked his stuff on Brit. I love Robbie and am so thankful that the Lord loved me enough to know that this was the kind of man I needed. He is amazing with me and especially fantastic with his children!!!! Happy Father's Day Robbie!!! I love you!!

1 comment:

Layton Family said...

Eyerytime I click on your blog and see your mom I just can't believe how much you 2 look alike!

Landon did tell me that you called and thank you very much. I appreciate that :)

Did Malia have fun fishing?