Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New Car and sunburns

So my car left yesterday and I am none to happy about it. I loved that Park Avenue. I especially loved the horn. Last week we bought an black FBI suburban. OK it is only FBI because the windows are all tinted and every time I drive it I want to put my hand up to an earpiece and talk into my sleeve. We all are going to start wearing big silver sunglasses and suits. Ok maybe we are more like Get Smart agents but still .I know, I know!! Gas is 4 dollars a gallon but because of that we were able to get this cheaper than a van. And really vans get just as bad gas mileage as anything else. Actually this gets almost the same gas mileage as the park avenue. We haven't gone looking for an automobile since 1998 when we bought our Intrepid. I did not know that they stopped making big grandma cars and only make cars now that barely hold 4 people. Friday I was able to justify our purchase because I fit all of my kids and all of JulieAnn's in the FBI and we went swimming. On the subject of swimming, I was so worried about not frying all the kids with me that I forgot to put sunscreen on me and my thighs are Cyndi Lauper hot pink. Thankfully they have stopped hurting but now they just itch. So back to the suburban. It is the smoothest ride ever. I love it. It is totally plush. Thankfully we will have it paid off in a year and a half (thanks Dave Ramsey) and then we can buy a boat!!!!!YAHOOOOOOOO!!! I was a professional waterskiier in my other lifetime. In this lifetime I double ski and sit in the potty chair position most of the time but I love it so much!!!

2 comments:

Foodqueenja said...

Carrie, I'm so sorry you got burned while watching my kids. That was so sweet of you to take them! Thanks so much, JulieAnn

Whetton Family said...

OH MY GOSH Carrie! You crack me up. When I read your posts I just laugh outloud and my son looks at me like i'm crazy! Your blog has tons of personality! I love it! Sweet ride by the Way!