
My amazing 14 year old son had to talk in church on Sunday. We knew about it but went temporarily insane and forgot about it until Sunday morning at 8:30 am when the 2nd counselor called and woke us up(OK it was daylight saving and that puts me over the edge. I definitely did not have pretty church hair this Sunday because our church starts at 9am). Brit put this talk together in about 40 minutes. He did it all without our help and did a great job. I love this kid.
Goal and Planning for the future
Goals and Planning are important for many reasons. Goals help you have motivation for something. Planning is important because it helps you prepare for what is coming up. Last year one of my goals during wrestling season was to be district champion. When I set that goal before the season started I was able to be motivated by not wanting to let myself down. When I qualified for the district tournament I had to wrestle a really good wrestler. When I found out who I was wrestling I remembered my goals and that he couldn't beat me when I am motivated. I pinned him. The next round I had to wrestle the only person that beat me in the season. In the season we had gone to overtime and he had beaten me and I had not forgotten. I had revenge on my mind. I won that match by 4. In the finals I Pinned the kid and it felt awesome knowing that I had fulfilled my goals and that I was the best wrestler in the district. Another goal I had and still have is going on a mission. I am preparing every day by reading my scriptures and doing my laundry. Another goal of mine is to get married in the temple. I must be worthy to be married in the temple. In "The Family: A Proclamation to the World," the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles said that "marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator's plan for the eternal destiny of His children." When a man and woman are married in the temple, their family can be together forever. This is a common goal of Latter-day Saints. That is my goal too. I want to be married in the temple. Sometimes goals don't come out successful. During last year's football season I made a goal to lead my team to the championship game. I thought we could do it and we were playing really good. Then against Woods Cross I broke my leg running the option. That made me mad because I couldn't help our team but I realized it wasn't just my goal but our whole team wanted the same thing. Our next games we won and they were both down to the wire but we pulled it out. In our playoff game we didn't play very well which made me kind of sad because all I could do was cheer my team on. We ended up losing that game but it was a really fun season. Planning can help a lot in school. In one of my classes we were having a term final. When he told us how much it was worth I started to study for that test. Almost Every day I would study when I was done I would say a prayer that I would know what was going to be on the test. When I went to take the test it was hard but I thought I did. The next couple of days I was wondering what my score was. When I got my test back I had gotten 96% on the test I was really proud of myself and when I got home I said a prayer of thanks. Every month my parents do a budget plan. When they are done they have planned out what they are going to do with the money. Tithing is always first. I am also planning to go to the Celestial Kingdom and that is also one of my goals. It is not going to be an easy trip but if I do what I am supposed to help people on my way I will reach my goal.
I bear my testimony that I know this church is true and that if we keep goals and plan for the future we will be successful and I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen
1 comment:
Hey Brit....I have to speak in church on the 22nd want to write another talk??????
Post a Comment