Monday, February 18, 2008

Books, books, and great cookies







Today being President's day Robbie is able to sit home and do nothing which is a fantastic thing for him to do. He never does nothing. I'm loving it because it gave me an opportunity to finish the Twlight series. I hate series books because I feel like I have to read them all at once. I read these three in three days and now I have until August until the 4th one comes out. I love these books. My mother-in-law and her friend are the only people I know who don't like them. I think it is the vampire and werewolf thing that creeps her out. I love both Edward and Jacob. How sad is that. I feel like I am back in high school. Great Books. I also read a really great book about San Francisco called The measure of a Lady.I really enjoyed it as well. With Robbie at home I was able to go run outside which I never do and it actually felt pretty good. Because he is being so nice to me I am making him his favorite cookies. Great Day


Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups Flour

1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/4 tsp. salt

1 1/4 cups brown sugar firmly packed

1 1/4 cups white sugar

1 cup salted butter, softened

3 large eggs

1 cup peanut butter creamy or chunky

2 tsp. vanilla

1 package milk chocolate chips(they don't taste right with semi-sweet)


Combine flour, salt, and soda. Set aside. Blend sugars, butter, eggs, vanilla, peanut butter, and chocolate chips. Mix until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture. Drop on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 300 for 18-22 minutes. Do Not Over Bake