Saturday, February 16, 2008

STATE WRESTLING

Viewmont did it again. They won state with 145.5 points. This means that they have taken state 5 out of the last 7 years. It truly is an amazing program. They took 19 kids to state. That is a huge number. 10 placed 6th or higher and the 112lb boy took state. It was crazy because they only had one in the Championship match. They won it on the back side. Awesome!! When we first moved here about 5 years ago, Robbie wasn't going to coach wrestling. He was going to just focus on football. Unfortunatly he went into the wrestling room and smelled the smell. There is a very distinctive smell about wrestling rooms. I can't even begin to describe it. Rob brings his clothes home and I can't get the smell out of his shirts. Anyway, it drew him back in that stinky smell and he continues to coach wrestling. Good thing he loves it. I also love it for some crazy reason. Side Story- One of the most vivid childhood memories I have( and yes family this is my own memory not someone elses) is going up to the high school with my parents. They took tickets for the ball games and wrestling tournament. I remember running around the halls and watching the wrestlers. They were so fasinating to me. I think my dad actually burned that smell into my memory. Dad's classroom was in the basement of the high school. We were still living in the house on Fairmont and I think I was sick or something but I got to go to school with him. The rest of the basement was this huge room full of wresting mats. That is where I ended up. I still can remember that smell. Yaaaaaouch!!! Anyway we love wrestling and are so glad Viewmont did it again. Brit starts his Jr. High season next week. Looking forward to it. Football season has offiically begun.