Malia and her Dad showing off Milk Mustaches
Malia Making Yummy No Bake Cookies
Malia Making Yummy No Bake Cookies
After our two boys were born, I thought we would be done having children. Heavenly Father had other plans for us. We(I am only including Robbie in this because when I am pregnant I am a little cuckoo and he lovingly dealt with it) finally got pregnant. I prayed and prayed for twins so I could be done with pregnancy and a girl because the testosterone was in overload at our house. The prayers for twins mistakenly got mixed up the neighbors and she ended up with twin boys. Luckily the prayer for all things girly came to me. We were blessed with an incredible plump, healthy, beautiful little girl that we named Malia . I had dreams of nothing but pink and dolls and dresses and well you know girly stuff. One of the first things I did when she came home from the hospital was paint her toenails. It was fabulous. She was into girly things until she could start really talking. Having two older brothers whom she adored made it so the girly stuff quickly ended. She was always telling me that she wanted to be a boy. I would then tell her she was a girl and couldn't be a boy and then she would start having a come apart because she wanted to be a boy so badly. We did this for along time. Finally I got wise to the idea that she didn't really want to be a boy but to just do boy things. The next time she asked(she always asked, how polite is that)if she could be a boy I told her no but she could be a tomboy which was way better. I told her that being a tomboy was good because you could like all the things the boys liked and also like all the things that girls like and that you could still be a girl. She really hooked onto that idea. So some days she is a super hero fighting bad guys, some days she's the librarian checking books out, some days she is a power ranger (the yellow one because pink is to girly), some days she is wearing a football helmet and a wrestling singlet. When her friends come over and want to play house it still suprises me that she doesn't want to be the dad(ok sometimes she still does. How could she not when she has such and awesome dad.) she wants to be the pet dog. Should I worry about that?
