Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Puddin' Face





Holy Canoly!!!! We had an incredibly fun activity last night for our Joint Young Women, Young Men activity. I planned this so I never know whether things are going to be super fun or a complete bust. We played a game called points or pie. I got this activity from a book my mom gave me by Shelley Wille. So here is how you play. We had 5 catagories. Each catagory had five questions. We split the youth and leaders into two teams. The first person from team A has to choose whether they are going to take the point or use their pie. If they take the point and answer the question right, they get how many points the question is worth and then it goes to the other team. If they take the pie, they don't get the point but they can put a chocolate pudding pie(pudding from the food storage-It was really good) with whipped cream on it in someone from the other teams face. Whichever team has the most points at the end gets to have the prize. In this case it was a ton of candy and some Shasta sodas. In my mind this was a great activity. So I introduce it to the kids and they are looking at me like I have completely lost my mind. Then in comes Bro. Jayson. He is the YM president. He has on a swimming cap and snorkling goggles. I can't stand it and start jumping up and down and get so excited because I know that this is going to crazy. We get set up in the gym and are ready to go. The floor is covered with plastic, the pudding pies are made and it is go time. In walks Bro. Nate from the bishopric. He has on full length footie pajamas, a garbage sack over his head and his daughters bike helmet. It was the funniest thing I have seen. He was prepared. The game starts and we have pudding everywhere. Breckin and Britton got covered and Breck woke up this morning and still had some in his ear!!! I don't know if this is how sad I am or what but when we decided to do joint activities with the YM, one of the activites had to be fun, one spiritual and one service oriented. This activity was my spiritual one.