Thursday, February 28, 2008

SMELLS

We have a smell. I don't know what it is but it is a bad smell. Kind of like rotten milk and a dead animal (if you lived in the country you know the dead mouse smell)with something moldy mixed in. I thought it was my dirty dishes. Our dishwasher broke and so I had to do dishes by hand. I hate hand washing dishes. So needless to say they had a smell but it wasn't THE SMELL. Yesterday we got home from watching Skyler and walked in the house and the smell was so bad it made me almost gag. The worst part is someone came into our house while I was gone and left somethings on my really clean (ha ha) counters. I really hope their olfactory senses didn't work because it was bad. So I started cleaning. Partly because the smell was bad but also because I was horrified someone saw and smelled my house like that. Unfortunately I don't know who brought the stuff so I can't have them come back and say "Really my house never looks like that. Look how fabulous it is today".It would be a complete lie but who cares. So I tore into that kitchen, did all the dishes (with help from Malia-Lots of water on the floor),mopped the floors, vacuumed everything, searched everywhere but still can't find the smell. Now the smell is mixed with all of the crap I am trying to cover up the smell with, candles, Clorox, pine sol. You name it my house smells like it. Ugh!!!Today I am tackling the basement. OK actually the laundry. It normally tackles me. It could be coming from there. I like doing laundry almost as well as dishes. I have a great laundry room. It is big really functional but it is in the basement. I have issues with basements for some reason. Anyway, I'm going in and if I don't come out call someone. I might have fallen and I can't get up.